Good morning sunshine! Eating breakfast is incredibly important for both adults and children alike – according to science and personal experience. A hangry child does not make for a happy or focused child, as many a mom, dad, teacher, or nanny who has dealt with pre-lunch and pre-snack tantrums knows all too well.
Here are just a few of the scientifically supported reasons your child or children should eat a healthy breakfast before school:
Benefits of kids eating breakfast: [SFGate]
• Prevents obesity and weight gain
• Strengthens immune systems
• Improves concentration & attention span
• Increases energy
• Boosts memory
What to eat? 5 Easy Breezy Breakfast Ideas, Beloved by Millie’s Kids:
- Cinnamon Banana Toast: Mash banana, put on toast, sprinkle with cinnamon
- Cereal Yogurt: Boost protein by mixing cereal with Greek yogurt (Chobani is our favorite)
- Avocado Toast: Mash up an avocado and put on toast
- Ants on a Log: Spread peanut or almond butter onto celery sticks, and sprinkle on “ants” (raisins, peanuts, or dried fruit)
- Frozen Fruitsicle: Combine frozen fruits into a cup. Mangos, berries, & grapes are popular with Millie’s Kids!